For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Layered Knits * Styling a Poncho in Winter

Layered knits | Styling a Poncho and a Hat, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

Today I'm cosying up in some layered winter knits.

This is certainly not a particularly modern or edgy look BUT it's full of personality and fun.

{Albeit the personality of Clint Eastwood according to my husband!}

Layered knits | Styling a Poncho and a Hat, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

This is quite a traditional and classic layered outfit.

Warm, cosy and comfortable.
Easy to wear.
Nothing too brash, flash or in-yer-face.
No awkward colours to contend with.
A soft and simple muted palette of colours.

{I know my gloves, bag, boots and belt don't match BUT that's the look I wanted. Tone on tone and a bit of a mix.}

Of course, I'm layered up here...

Top half:

  • Hat
  • Bra top
  • Fine silk camisole
  • Brushed thermal long-sleeved top
  • Fine polo neck (just visible)
  • Thick Wool Jumper
  • Poncho/cape
  • Gloves, belt (essential to trap heat) and wristwarmers

Bottom half:

  • Underwear
  • Brushed Thermal footless tights
  • Trousers
  • Cotton socks
  • Wool Socks
  • Leather boots

For such a simple outfit this was certainly a head-turner.

I think it's the hat's fault!

Hats are not as popular as Instagram (and shop-fronts) would have you believe.
I haven't seen another person in a hat like mine.
Come to think of it, apart from beanies, knitted headbands and skip caps, hats are a rare breed!

I loved wearing this hat.
It kept me warm and kept the low winter sun out of my eyes.

(What a wonderful complaint to have!)

Wearing a hat gives off a great air of confidence.
A brilliant tip if (like me) you're sometimes lacking in that department.

Anything that makes people think..." Blimey, she must be really confident to wear that"... is a winner for me!

Layered knits | Styling a Poncho and a Hat, over 40 | Fake Fabulous

I'd love to hear your thoughts on knitted ponchos and /or capes.
Too 'Clint Eastwood-ish'?
Too old-fashioned?
OR Timeless and Classic?

I'd love to know what you think!

WOOL PONCHO: Very old
WOOL JUMPER: Mint Velvet (see it styled HERE)
LEATHER BELT: (see it styled HERE)
WOOL HAT: M&S (very old... see it HERE)
COTTON TROUSERS: White Stuff (charity shopped)
LEATHER BOOTS: Over 15 years old (I think!) form eBay (see them HERE)
LEATHER BAG: Charity shopped

BTW... I can't recommend Mint Velvet for their knits. 
This jumper doesn't wash well (it goes all misshapen and lumpy) AND it madly sheds fibres.
They get EVERYWHERE.
It's like a snowstorm of white fluff on every surface.
I even had one in my eye! 
For the money Mint Velvet charge, they should be giving us better quality.
This jumper was a gift but I wouldn't buy any of their pieces again.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig