For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Colourful Transitional Outfit | Midi skirt and Deconstructed Jumper

Transitional Outfit | Midi Skirt in Autumn | Fake Fabulous

What on earth is a deconstructed jumper?!

Well, THIS ARTICLE from Harpers Bazaar will show you and they do look cool.
BUT.
And it's a BIG BUT.
All of the jumpers featured are VERY expensive.

Too expensive.

I love the look, but I would never spend £500+ on a jumper.
(One is over £1700!!)
Even if it was the finest cashmere.
Even if it was a wear-forever-classic.

For a 'Fashionable' jumper like these? NO WAY!!

Image: Alexander Wang

The Alexander Wang one is the most wearable (in my opinion) and if one turned up on my doorstep I'd be thrilled but, back in the real world, I simply can't afford it.
To be honest with you, even if I could afford it I would rather spend the 'big bucks' on a coat, bag or a pair of shoes.

SIDE NOTE: I have a cashmere jumper from about 10 years ago that had an RRP of £700.
It was hand combed cashmere and is an impossibly fine knit. I picked it up for £120 and felt like it was a FORTUNE.
I still remember the guilt because it was so much money.
However, I still wear it every winter and it looks like new so maybe big money means top quality?
What do you think?

SO, in the spirit of not-shopping.
Re-wearing.
Re-using.
(AND saving a lot of cash!)
I tried a little bit of DIY.

You can't beat it, can you?

Transitional Outfit | Midi Skirt in Autumn | Fake Fabulous

This DIY deconstructed, clashy and colourful outfit is perfect for that awkward late-summer Scottish weather.

Cold mornings and evenings.
Pot-luck weather throughout the day.
More than likely to rain.
Could get warm... might not.

It's also a great way to get more wear out of your midi skirts and midi dresses at the days become shorter.

I popped a lightweight jumper on and tucked it into my midiskirt.
(Any bulk is disguised by the flare and pleats.)
To get that 'deconstructed' look I rolled a more acidic-coloured jumper and pinned it in place with a vintage brooch which I accidentally dropped and chipped the enamel... gutted does not cover it!

Leopard ankle boots (big fashion news EVERY autumn and winter season) and a multicoloured bag finished things off nicely.

Transitional Outfit | Midi Skirt in Autumn | Fake Fabulous

Make it your own:

It's easy to replace this blue midi skirt with any other style of skirt.
Pencil, Mini or Maxi.
Whatever suits you and your body.

You could also pop on a midi dress and simply put the jumper(s) over the top.
This would be a more practical option for anyone that has more extremes of late summer weather.

Cold mornings = Both jumpers on.
Warm afternoons = Both jumpers off.
Cooler evening = Folded jumper popped over the shoulders.

You can also match or clash any colour combination that you love.
Two jumpers in clashing colours would work brilliantly!

Neutrals would look great too.
Beiges, creams, ivory.

Even an all-black outfit would look great.
Especially if you mix up those textures to add interest.

A black satin skirt with contrasting smooth and fluffy jumpers for example.

Anything goes!

Transitional Outfit | Midi Skirt in Autumn | Fake Fabulous

What do you think?
Deconstructed Jumpers for AW2019/20 YES or NO?
Paying £500 for a jumper?

I'd love to know your thoughts!

SKIRT: H&M (past season and customised)
BOTTOM JUMPER: Kettlewell (A few years old)
TOP JUMPER: River Island (charity shopped)
BOOTS: Carvela (I think!!... old anyway)
BAG: Boden (many years old and looking a little scuffed now...😟)
BROOCH: Vintage
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig