For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Layering a Shirt under a Red Dress | Masculine/Feminine Outfit

Layered White Shirt under a Red Midi Dress | Fake Fabulous

Today's outfit is a mixture of layers (what else!?) and masculine touches that were fun to wear, warm and comfortable.
What more do you need from a daytime look? 💖

I'm layering a fit and flare midi dress that is a little too low cut at the front for this time of year {What is it with bare chests and feeling seriously COLD?!} with a masculine shirt.

I've been layering polonecks under EVERYTHING this season so I thought I would try a shirt for a change.

(As I type this I'm wearing a poloneck under a shirt, under a jumper.
Layers are still a necessity here. 10ºC today and really windy!)

Layering a shirt under a dress involves strategic tucking-in.
You have to put all 'looking sexy under your dress' notions to one side and get your shirt firmly tucked into your tights or pants.
There is no other way to do it I'm afraid.
Bulky bits are never a good look!

Having said that, I DO have my eye on a shirt-topped bodysuit with a thong back.
No VPL there but I do wonder how comfortable it can be??
I might need to investigate further!

Layered White Shirt under a Red Midi Dress | Fake Fabulous

This red dress and (carefully tucked) white shirt needed just a couple of accessories to make it feel like an outfit with personality.
A couple of fun pieces of jewellery, bold bag and some silver platform loafers.
Done.

Layered White Shirt under a Red Midi Dress | Fake Fabulous

NECKLACE: Tequila Star (charity shopped)... similar
PIN: old
DRESS: c/o Alie street
SHOES: Unknown brand... unfortunately NOT Prada!! Charity shopped.
TIGHTS: Gipsy 100
BAG: Jasper Conran...Charity shopped
SHIRT: Springfield... try this
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig