For the imperfect Fashion lover.

It's not My Style but You Might Like it! #fakeituntilyoumakeit LINK UP


Pink Embroidered Maxi dress in Winter | Fake Fabulous

First world problems, eh?
A blogger getting sent something that is not to their taste.
You may be thinking...
"Awww Didumns. My heart bleeds for you. Just send it back and stop moaning!"
Hahaha...
I would normally agree and do just that!

However, this time I started to think about how many times we shop online and buy things that turn out nothing like what we were expecting.
How many times have you not bothered to send something back that didn't suit?
I'm certainly guilty of that!

Maybe that not-quite-right item is banished to the back of your wardrobe waiting for that elusive "one day"?

So today is the day I'm wearing a dusky pink maxi dress that's not my style at all!


Pink Embroidered Maxi dress in Winter | Fake Fabulous

Let's cut this boring story short...
This dress was sent to me by a lovely PR person, who I'm guessing is young and cool and would look fabulous in this romantic style.

I, however, feel like a sack of spuds.

My husband hit the nail on the head...
"That dress looks like something my granny would wear."
Hmmm...
I imagine his granny was a lovely (and stylish) lady BUT I'm sure that wasn't meant as a compliment!

I promptly parcelled up the dress ready to send it back.

Then I started to think ...

I remembered reading a while back about a blogger who had been accused of wearing anything she was sent, even if it wasn't her style.
Then I thought about how often I love wearing things that aren't really my style, just because I love trying new things and pushing my fashion boundaries.

I don't want other people to put me in a box, so why put myself in one?

This dress is not my style, BUT could be yours.

So, in the spirit of trying new things I'm styling something that isn't my style.

This dress is a maxi length with full-length sleeves, so far so good.
However, I don't really like the pleated skirt, despite LOVING my vintage knitted pleated skirt.
I don't really like the dusky pink colour, despite wearing pink regularly.
I don't really like the embroidery, despite loving my embroidered cardigan and my embroidered shirt.
Oh, and I hate a self-tie belt... but that's an easy one to ditch, isn't it?

So, I decided to try and style this dress to make it a little more "me".

This outfit is pretty generic in its styling...
Floaty Dress + Leather Jacket + Chunky Boots = Nothing New!
No boundaries have been pushed.
No style rules have been broken.
I didn't want to push any boundaries as I was so far out of my comfort zone to start with!

I just thought there will be someone who thinks this dress is the bee's knees.
A lover of the romantic styles.
A fan of floaty, feminine cuts.

Is that you?
Would you wear a super-feminine dress like this one?

Do you have any "one-day" pieces that you could dig out and rework to fit your life?

Please let me know in the comments.

BTW... I'm giving this dress away!
No strings.
No "Follow me" on this that and the other.
No links to brands or hoops to jump through.
Just a new dress!
(It still has its tags on, as I changed into another to go out)

So, if you're a UK10 (it's quite generous) and like romantic styles please drop me an email and I'll pick a name out of a hat.

CONTACT ME HERE

If you love this dress and want it in your size find it HERE.

Pink Embroidered Maxi dress in Winter | Fake Fabulous

JACKET: Superdry (old)
BOOTS: Cat... even older!
GLOVES: Primark
BAG: Sweaty Betty
UNDER-TOP: Asos
BELT: Lieberskind


I'm sorry to say I've not picked a favourite link from last week due to annoying technical issues...
BUT don't let that put you off!
Please leave your links below and I promise to pick a favourite next time!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig