For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Hiding a bloated Stomach.

Fake fabulous | Tartan T-shirt dress, silver sandals and red lips.

Sometimes, we can all get a little bloated (and puffy) can't we?

Sometimes, I blame hormones.
Sometimes, I blame stress.
Sometimes, I blame the weather.
Sometimes, I blame ageing.

Whatever is to blame, there is no point dwelling (and moaning) about it.
Life has to go on.

Fake fabulous | Tartan T-shirt dress, silver sandals and red lips.

When my stomach is bloated and sore (and I feel generally yuck) I need to cover up in loose fitting, comfortable clothes.
Luckily, my legs never swell up, so they can come out to rescue me in times of need.

On these 'bleugh' days, an oversized T-shirt dress is perfect.
Loose and comfortable, casual in style BUT definitely not boring or forgettable.
Comfort dressing can still be fun!

Fake fabulous | Tartan T-shirt dress, silver sandals and red lips.

This tartan dress was donated to me by my step daughter.
She knew I would love it!

The dress is completely sheer so I slipped another (tight fitting) dress underneath.
{See that dress, here layered up again}

Fake fabulous | Tartan T-shirt dress, silver sandals and red lips.

Just because I am wearing an oversized T-shirt doesn't mean I have to look like I couldn't be bothered getting dressed.

Okay, so the truth is I really couldn't be bothered getting dressed...
But, nobody needs to know that, right?

An unusual pattern and/or texture helps to elevate this dress out of the nightwear department.
Footwear is more tricky.
I need 100% comfort.
Some days, I can put up with a little discomfort for the sake of a nice shoe.
Today is not one of them!

I want to reach for a pair of birkenstocks, or my trainers, but settle for these flat sandals instead.
Silver sandals are a slightly funkier (and smarter) choice.
Making a nice change from my trusty gutties.

Fake fabulous | Tartan T-shirt dress, silver sandals and red lips.

A statement necklace distracts the eye and adds to the feeling that...
"I did get dressed today, honestly!!"
Teal sunglasses finished my look off nicely, and hid my eyebags.

And if all else fails, a slick of bright lippy and big smile will always make you look (and feel) better.

DRESS: A gift
DRESS (underneath): Baukjen...this one is similar
SHOES: American Apparel
NECKLACE: Topshop
LIP: MAC
GLASSES: Fenchurch...these are lovely

What do you wear when you feel bloated and generally yucky?
Please share your secrets in the comments, or contact me!



GET THE LOOK




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig