For the imperfect Fashion lover.

One last summer fling! | Boho style for late summer.

Late summer style.

Silk chiffon dress and a Denim Vest.
There have been many days recently, here in Scotland, that have been perfect (weather-wise) for trying out the new autumn trends and I am very keen to get stuck into them. Autumn is my favourite season.
However, for some strange reason, I felt very nostalgic today.
A yearning for endless summer days, like the selective and romantic memories of childhood.
A slight melancholy.

I needed a little boost, something to save me from that feeling of time slipping away and the days rolling by just a little too fast!

I was determined to have one, last, Summer Fling....with a feminine summer dress.

I decided, as the sun was shining, to go all girly and try for a Boho-babe, meets 1940's-housewife look. It was a fun outfit that made me smile. But, oh dear, I had goose pimples on my arms...and I have to admit to grabbing an sulphur-coloured cardigan later in the day, and layering it under my waistcoat.

My optimistic outlook on the weather had a chilly reality check when I was out walking Jake... {teeth chattering}...Brrrrrrrr!

One last summer fling, silk and denim.
I started this outfit from the feet up, it's my favourite way to dress.
I do love my shoes.
Happy feet = Happy day!

These shoes have been my 'Hero' this summer (see how I wore them with my pirate trousers HERE {when they were new} and HERE for a family day out). They are a modern cut and have, a very Summer 2015, white sole.
They stopped my outfit looking too much like fancy dress...it is a fine line.
I am all for the full-on vintage look, if that is what you are going for.....but you need to know your stuff (check THIS fabulous blog out).
However, it can look really frumpy if you get it wrong, which is not so good.

have worn them a lot, they seem to go with just about anything and are so comfortable.
What more could you ask for from your footwear?
I could, happily, walk around all day.  In fact, that is just what I did.

Clarks nude peep toe booties.

Vintage bangle and a yellow bag.

This silk dress is a charity shop find and such a lovely, petrol blue, colour. It even makes my pale skin seen a little creamier. I like the drape of the fabric and the square neckline, so feminine.

I really wanted to wear this shrunken, distressed, denim waistcoat (vest) as soon as I bought it.
I am looking forward to layering it up for the autumn but, today it was acting as a lightweight jacket. And, my portable pockets.
I think that I need more dresses with pockets in my life.

I know it is a little contrived; the whole 'denim vest over floaty dress' look, but it just felt right.

My yellow bag was perfect, as I did not have to carry a lot things around. See how I styled it HERE, with the dreaded culottes.

Boho style, silk and denim...over 40.

My silk headscarf came out to play partially because it is such a pretty design and beautiful fabric, but mostly because I am getting close to needing a hair cut (it's that time again) and my hair starts to have a mind of it's own.
It can be great one day and a disaster the next.
So, this was perfect to keep it tidy and add some extra interest and fun. See how I styled it, in summer HERE.
My muti-layered necklaces and this adorable junk-shop bangle finished things off perfectly.

I was comfortable all day and felt suitably feminine.
A headscarf is a fun touch for helping with a bad hair day...or if you are growning out a pixie crop...Hmmm, maybe?? LOL

Do you ever start an outfit from the feet up?
How do you cope with a bad hair day?
Please share in the comments.

XXX
Samantha

Dress: Monsoon (Charity shop)
Bag: Matties (TkMaxx....Similar)
Shoes: Clarks (similar)
Silk scarf: Market stall
Vest/Waistcoat: Newlook (I like this one)

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig