For the imperfect Fashion lover.

Layering Red & Pinks with Tan.

AW15 Layering trend: Reds and pinks head to toe.

How can we make the new fall/winter trends work just now...?
If you are anything like me, you will have recently bought a glossy magazine (or 2!) and be thumbing through the beautiful and perfect images, of beautiful and perfect (and VERY young) people, in beautiful and perfect scenarios....wondering how you can make the new trends work for you and your not so beautiful and not so perfect life.

One of the new trends I am keen to get stuck into is the fabulous mixture of reds, burgundies and pinks that seems to be everywhere this AW15.

Red is my favourite colour, but I sometimes struggle to make it work for me. 
I need to get the right shade for my skin tone or I can look either very ruddy, very ill (with a slight blueish tinge) or both!

The key, for me, to mixing the reds and pinks together is to keep to tones on the warm side. Rich red, warm burgundy and a muted pink just pull together easily, especially with the addition of warm-toned accessories.

A wee trick I use to brighten everything up and keep it looking late summer/ early autumn appropriate, is to add light coloured footwear.
Keep those beautiful brown, oxblood and black boots for the colder months.

This 'light accessories' trick works really well with other dark coloured clothes too. 
A black dress is the perfect example, add light tan shoes and a bag and the dress is instantly lifted for warmer weather.

AW15 Wearing red and pink head to toe, layering.

Head to toe red and pink layers, with tan accessories.

I started this outfit with a knitted dress that I bought because I loved how it looked on the (perfect and busty) model, but have never worn. 
It was always just too low at the front and the layers, with which I tried to make it decent, didn't seem to work. They just rode up and made odd looking lumps and bumps... I have enough lumps and bumps of my own without adding extras!

Then I bought this pink dress which I should have sent back because it is too tight.
When I say tight I mean TIGHT....it is double layer jersey, so should be okay, but even 'invisible' underwear shows through. 
In fact, even NO underwear shows thorough!! Ha ha ha
It was an expensive mistake.

BUT, as I have previously posted about buying the wrong clothes and making them work (see more HERE) I thought I should take my own advice and use my layering skills to save these two dresses from wardrobe oblivion.

The midi length on the pink dress seemed to act as a slip for the knitted one, no bunching or riding up, result!

This long cardigan was the perfect throw-over.
It has freakishly long sleeves, which is so unusual for me, and I loved the fact that I had some fabric at my wrist (a rare and simple pleasure).

This beautiful bag had to be part of the outfit too. It is so well made and perfectly sized...AND has light tan trims, tying in to the rest of the outfit nicely.

My Clark's originals sandals (last seen HERE) are so comfortable and give a little height, which is especially important in this tricky length of dress.

My chunky necklace (last seen HERE), cuff (seen HERE) and wide belt, finished things off nicely.

Do you have an AW15 look that you want to try?
Please share! 

Knitted Dress: American apparel (similar)
Pink dress: Baukjen (sold out in pink)
Cardigan : Diesel
Bag: Bogner (similar)
Perspex Necklace: Boden (old)
Perspex Cuff: Boden (old)
Glasses: Asda
Belt: Topshop (sold out but they have other syles)
Sandals: Clarks originals (similar)
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig